Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Organic Collard Greens Recipe

Collard greens are one of my favorite vegetables. I've made them vegetarian style, made them with smoked turkey, and today I made them with farm fresh bacon. I'm pretty sure these are the tastiest ones I've ever made. If you try the recipe I hope you enjoy them too.

Ingredients
(Makes 3 servings)
  • One bunch of organic collard greens (cut and cleaned)
  • 3 small organic onions or 1 medium (chopped)
  • 3 cloves of organic garlic (chopped)
  • 3-4 strips of bacon (cut into 1/2-1 inch pieces) (I used organic bacon I got from a farm)
  • 64 oz Pacific Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
  • 2 cup of water
  • 2 tbsp Franks Red Hot Sauce
  • A couple dashes of cayenne pepper (can omit if you don't like spicy greens)
  • Several cracks of pepper
Directions
After you've cut up the collards, onion, garlic, and bacon, combine them all in a pot. Pour the chicken broth and water into the pot. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Turn the stove on and cook on medium-high heat for 30 minutes, and then medium-low heat for 2 hours. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment