Sunday, August 25, 2013

Incredibly Delicious Oven Dried Tomatoes

In my post earlier I said that I would share my recipes with you if they were good and dear heavens are my oven dried tomatoes good. I ate the whole tray! So good! Here's the recipe:


  • Preheat your oven to 200-250 degrees.
  • Core and seed as many tomatoes as you want.
  • Cut your tomatoes into whatever size pieces you'd like.
  • Toss the tomatoes in olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and rosemary.
  • Place the tomatoes on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
  • Bake for 3-5 hours (Time will depend on your oven and altitude. Check on the tomatoes every half hour after the 2 hour mark. I baked mine at 200 for 4 hours and 250 for 1 hour.) The longer you leave them in the crispier and more dried out they become.
  • Once they become the texture that you like you can take them out of the oven and serve. If there are any left you may store them in the fridge. Not sure how long because mine are all gone :)

No comments:

Post a Comment