Friday, October 18, 2013

Primal/Keto Stuffed Pepper Nachos



Hey y'all! I had planned on making stuffed peppers tonight but when I went out to the garden I realized that all of our bell peppers were small. I was annoyed and knew it would be very irritating to fill a bunch of little peppers. So I decided heck with stuffing them, I'm going to make them into nachos. Not real nachos with tortilla chips of course. I didn't measure out the ingredients but here's what I used. Just use your best judgment with the spices.


-1 lb Grass fed ground beef

-1 tbsp beef tallow

-Home grown bell peppers or store bought

-8-12oz homemade salsa or store bought

-cumin

-cayenne

-thyme

-salt

-pepper

-chili powder

-three cloves of garlic (diced or minced)

-Parmesan (shredded)

-mozzarella cheese (shredded or sliced)

-olive oil (to grease the pan)

Combine the ground beef, beef tallow, cumin, cayenne, thyme, salt, pepper, and garlic in a pan and cook until meat is browned. Preheat oven to 350. While meat is cooking clean, de-seed, and cut your peppers into halves or thirds. Once meat is browned drain excess juice from pan. Add the salsa and mix well. Simmer on low for 5 minutes. Put olive oil on the bottom of a 9x13 pan and lay the peppers inside. Place the peppers in the oven for 5 minutes. Place about 1/4 cup of Parmesan into the meat mixture and mix well. Take the peppers out and fill with meat mixture. Top with Parmesan and mozzarella and then bake for 20 minutes or until cheese and peppers are slightly golden brown. Serve and enjoy!

I ate mine by hand like nachos but my husband used a knife and fork. If you're not good with handling hot food then you should use utensils or wait for them to cool down.







No comments:

Post a Comment