Thursday, March 14, 2013

Blueberry Mug Muffin and Chocolate Mug Cake (Paleo)


I recently created a Paleo version of a mug cake recipe and it took off in the Paleo community that I converse with. Then I decided I really wanted to try and make a blueberry muffin in a mug. It only took me two tries and it turned out great. Same consistency as a muffin and everything. So happy! My Paleo friends are rejoicing! Here are the recipes so that you can make them too.

Chocolate Mug Cake


Ingredients (Makes 1 serving)

1 Medium or large banana
2 tbsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1  Large egg 
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Almond butter (I use homemade)
1 tbsp Raw honey

Directions

Mash banana in cup or food processor

Add egg to mashed banana and mix

Mix the rest of the ingredients in and mix well (you may add other mix ins if you prefer ex: chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit, etc)

Microwave on high for 2.5 min or until the middle is set. (About 377 calories)







Blueberry Mug Muffin


Ingredients (Makes 1 serving)

1/4  cup Blueberries
1/4 tsp Cinnamon, Ground
1 tbsp Ghee Clarified Butter
1 tbsp Raw Honey
3 tbsp Organic Coconut Flour
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 large Egg
2 tbsp almond milk or coconut milk

Directions

Add dry ingredients and mix.
Melt ghee and honey and then combine with the dry ingredients.
Add the rest of the wet ingredients, mix well, put in a mug, and microwave for about 2-3 minutes. (About 400 calories)

Here's a picture of my blueberry mug muffin. I'm sorry I don't have a picture of the cake but maybe I'll take one next time.

One of my paleo friends said she tried a chocolate version. I'm assuming you leave out the blueberries and add 1-2 tbsp of cocoa powder, but I will try it and get back to you with the official recipe. I hope you enjoy these tasty treats!

No comments:

Post a Comment