Saturday, March 9, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes (Paleo)

My husband and I went for a walk on the trail today. It's so beautiful outside! When I got home I decided to make Paleo pancakes. I've tried several recipes but I hadn't found one that I was really in love with until today. I searched online and found a recipe on paleomg.com but I modified it a tiny bit. Ever since I came across Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (dairy free, soy free, nut free) I've been putting them into my pancakes. They're so good! Chocolate is allowed in the Paleo diet but its usually only for a treat every once in a while. You definitely shouldn't be eating it every day, but I'm pretty sure that's common sense even for the SAD (standard American diet). When you do consume chocolate on Paleo it should be dark chocolate (70% cacao or more). Here's the recipe I used today for Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes.

  • 2 bananas, peeled
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons coconut flour
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • ¼ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ tsp cinnamon
  • 2 dashes of nutmeg
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 tbsp of Enjoy Life Chips
  • Virgin Coconut Oil for frying
Mix the bananas and eggs in a food processor and mix well. Then add the coconut flour, vanilla, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Mix well. Add in the chocolate chips and mix with a spoon. Fry about 3 tbsp of batter in the coconut oil per pancake (if you make them too big they'll be hard to flip). You can top them with more coconut oil, or honey. I don't put anything on them. I eat them as is because the chocolate chips make them sweet enough for my taste. If you try them let me know! I hope you like them!


No comments:

Post a Comment