Thursday, March 7, 2013

New Beginnings

Welcome to my blog! 

My name is Courtney and I decided to start this blog because I'm embarking on a new journey. I'm attempting to live an organic toxin free lifestyle. On January 7, 2013 I started following the Paleo diet and completely fell in love. If you're not sure what the Paleo diet is, in a nutshell its gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, legume-free, sugar-free, and processed foods free. I know right...you're probably thinking "what's left to eat?" Well there is a lot to eat. Meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, and healthy fats. Sounds difficult and boring, but it's not once you get the hang of it. Over these last two months I've learned so much about the human body, nutrition, and the big food and farming industry. I've learned so much that sometimes it makes me sick. Sometimes I wish I didn't know the things I know. Going through life naive is a lot easier than knowing the truth about the world we live in. Since I've cleaned up my eating habits, now I'd like to clean up my personal and home care items. That's right...not only do I want to eliminate the toxins I eat, but also the ones I put on my body or around my home. That's where this blog come in. I want to share all of my new findings and ideas with those of you who are interested in living an all around healthier lifestyle. I love researching and sharing info about healthy living. If I can help at least one person live a healthier, toxin free lifestyle then I'll be a happy camper. As I begin this transition and new journey, I hope to bring a few followers along for the ride. Here's what you can expect from my blog:

  • Nutrition information
  • Paleo recipes
  • DIY personal care projects
  • DIY natural cleaning products
  • How to swap out your old items for toxin free ones
  • Weight loss testimony 
  • Workouts
  • Healthy pregnancy info
I hope you enjoy the things I have to say. If you have any questions please let me know, and I'll do my best to answer them. I am in no way, shape, or form a health expert. My degree is in psychology, not nutrition. I'm just here trying to become a healthier person, and hoping to pass along my positive outcomes to those who might not have the time to research all of this stuff themselves.

Enjoy and may your pathway to a toxic free life be a prosperous one!

2 comments:

  1. What a super blog! So much information in a format I can understand. Thank you for sifting through the myriad of information and giving me all the important facts. I look forward to the next blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome doll! I hope that I'll be able to help in some way as I get this blog off its feet.

      Delete